Epicenter of cool: the arts and history collide in Dayton's oldest neighborhood
To see what's going on at each business in the Oregon Arts District click on their name above.
All the cool kids hang out in the Oregon Arts District.
It's an urban oasis for anyone with an independent spirit who views life as an adventure, not a chore. Here, tattoos mix with tie-dyes, paint-splattered pants with pumps, hipster with Hilfiger, martini with mohawk, rainbow flag with rapper.
This is the place you come to peruse art, sip a latte while reading poetry, watch a film with subtitles, argue politics over a pitcher of beer, sway to live jazz, cry with laughter at a comedy club. Feed your passion for antiques and vintage merchandise or purchase cutting-edge art. Get in shape with the power of martial arts or the grace of yoga.
Whatever your curiosity, there's an adventure to be had in the Oregon. The district's ever-growing mix of businesses has created an eclectic brew of educational and entertainment options. Consider just this smattering of Oregon Arts District offerings:
- rock climbing, Japanese calligraphy, sword fighting, and painting classes;
- Hot Yoga, popular in larger cities and now gaining traction in the Midwest;
- wine, Irish whiskey and cigar tastings;
- weekly live trivia competitions and open mic sessions;
- a wide variety of special events, such as Hip Hop dance workshops, First Friday gallery hops, bonfires in the nearby Garden Station, performances in art galleries and much more.
It's a mix you won't find in too many places - and uniquely D8N. The Oregon's creative inhabitants are passionate about preserving the entrepreneurial spirit of their district. Nearly all the businesses are locally owned and operated.
Trust us: When you're here, you'll feel it. Independent. Creative. Adventurous. Cool.